1. the Craton Plate, it is considered a relatively dormant or settled area. In other words, it's not a very active earthquake zone. Therefore, any noticeable earthquake is unusual, let alone a 5.9 monster that was reportedly felt 500 miles away.
2. AFP announced the unusually shallow depth depth with certainty, "The Pentagon, the US Capitol and monuments in the nation's capital were all evacuated after the 5.9-magnitude quake, which was shallow with its epicenter only 0.1 miles underground." The depth was later adjusted to a more believable 3.7 miles (5.95 kilometers) beneath the surface.
3. Seismic evidence reveals underground nuclear detonation south of Washington DC.
4."What is missing from the seismograph for the Washington DC area 5.8 magnitude earthquake are the primary or 'P' waves. All earthquakes that are the direct result of fault rupture have these primary or 'P' waves. Nuclear detonations do not."
5. Amy Vaughan, a geophysicist with the USGS Earthquake Information Center in Colorado told CBS News that "For the size earthquake that occurred, I think the number of aftershocks so far has been remarkably low.
6.Instantaneously Knocked Irene Off Course: Kevin Hayden and Glenn Kreisberg reported "Coincidentally, the time frame leading up to Virginia/DC/New York area experiencing freak seismic activity, Hurricane Irene begins to weaken and move off course, avoiding its initial path of Havanna and inland Florida...
8. Now let's get waaay out there with Sorcha Faal's explanation of the Virginia and the Colorado Quakes....
9. A fuller version of original article sans Sorcha FAAL
61 days until MAYAN CALENDAR END DATE
SHAWN O'NEAL © COPYRIGHT 2010-2011 REPUBLISH WITH ORIGINAL AUTHOR CREDIT .©UPSIDE DOWN WORLD REPORTS 2011 WWW.ROADSIDEMYSTIC.COM