Thursday, December 30, 2010

Roadside Mystic


13-Moon Date: Moon 6 Day 18
Gregorian Date: December 30, 2010
302 days till Oct. 28, 2011 - Dr. Carl Calleman Alternative Mayan Calendar End date
722 days till Dec. 21, 2012 - Conventional Mayan Long Count Calendar End Date  
High Mayan Council Predicts Physical Pole Shift anytime from now until 2015 
426,750 Years till the end of the Vedic Age of Kali Yuga (Cycle of 4 Yuga's/Ages)  



P E A C E


Weapons are the tools of violence;
all decent men detest them..


Weapons are the tools of fear;
a decent man will avoid them
except in the direst necessity
and, if compelled, will use them
only with the utmost restraint.
Peace is his highest value.
If the peace has been shattered,
how can he be content?
His enemies are not demons,
but human beings like himself.
He doesn't wish them personal harm.
Nor does he rejoice in victory.
How could he rejoice in victory
and delight in the slaughter of men?


He enters a battle gravely,
with sorrow and with great compassion,
as if he were attending a funeral.


-TAO TE CHING by Stephen Mitchell





Lara's Poem for Peace I

I feel beautiful water rush over me and fill
Each of my bodily cells with happiness
I have finally realized that I am free

I feel the sun beat against my face
And the soft shadow of pain
Disappear behind yesterday's clouds

Today I only see and feel beauty as it startles me
Every creature amazes me
As if I am seeing it for the first time

Rapture

The world around me is full of colors
Dancing and playing
In a kind of ritualized harmony

I am at one with nature in this moment
Freed from the clutches
Of grief and pain

I see now that this thing called peace
Means being one
One with nature and one with all of humankind

Lara Hall



19 years old
Hobart
Australia